The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. You get invited to PTA functions. These are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
DO I NEED TO VOLUNTEER?
- No. If you have the time to volunteer with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community. And trust us, they love to see you around school.
WHAT DO I RECEIVE?
- You’ll receive a membership card to the largest child advocacy group in the nation. There are discounts available from participating vendors. Click here for more information.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
- By becoming a member, we will add your email to our database and share information to keep you informed. Stay informed. The more you know the better you are prepared to help your child.
- Studies show that active parents have children that do much better in school.
- You can select volunteer options as they come around throughout the year.
PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT PTA, click on: National PTA